With our extensive experience within the winemaking industry RW Webb knows the ins and outs of the business. With many successful vineyards to his credit, Bob can help guide you through the pitfalls that many winemakers are unprepared for. Winemakers often spend years envisioning the joy of owning and operating a winery only to find that they don’t have the manpower or experience to effectively manage all aspects of owning a winery. From vineyard to bottle to store shelf RW Webb Consulting will provide the knowledge and experience to make your dream a reality.
Site selection is a key factor in determining the success and marketability of your wine. There is much to consider including, soil amenability, nutrient requirements, irrigation needs, varietal selection, insect control and disease management. RW Webb will ensure you get off to the right start.
- Vineyard design and layout, including training systems, row orientation and vine spacing.
- Site selection assistance, evaluation of land, soils, drainage, slope and climate.
- Selection and marketability of grape varietals. Vine planting and management.
From crush to bottle there are many ways an inefficient production flow can prevent you from attaining the degree of quality and cost effectiveness you desire. Let RW Webb help you avoid costly mistakes, increase your bottom line and produce a world class wine.
- Production flow planning, winery layout, infrastructure planning, equipment selection and product trouble shooting.
- Bottling, packaging, regulatory compliance and storage of inventory.
- Setting up tasting rooms, personnel training and wine business planning.
Wine Business Consulting
Not only is it necessary to produce a world class wine, it is also paramount that there is a solid business and marketing plan in place. RW Webb has over 40 years of successful wine business experience. There are many areas that are all too easy to overlook, including:
- Sales and distribution within state, national and international markets for both retail and wholesale channels.
- Marketing and advertising such as pricing, wine write ups, wine competitions, print and label design
- Compliance with all wine sales regulations, including advertising.
Founded the 1st winery in the state of Arizona.
Produced and bottled over 500,000 bottles of Arizona wine between 1980 and 1997.
Founding member of the Arizona Wine Growers Association.
Appointed chairman of the Arizona State Wine Commission by the Governor.
Awarded over 17 International medals, including a Gold medal for a 1987 Fume Blanc at the Les Amin de Vin competition.
- Juan Bautista de Anza Winery
- Bodegas Winery
- BW Vineyards
- Uvas de Sierra Vista Madras Vineyard